Friday, January 17, 2014

5 Ways to Win My Heart

I can't believe I'm doing this. 



I'm pretty sure whatever I put down here is what most girls would love for a guy to do for her. I don't know. I'm probably going to list down some VERY CRUCIAL pointers and you might want to take note. ( I should probably change the subject to 'What Makes Us Fall?!' ) Ehem.. Who knows, right? I mean, this here is not entirely about 'ME'. I think it touches on the issue that every girl faces these days especially when they set out to be in a relationship (which I don't plan on doing for myself at the moment). 
So this post right here, is quite a general thing. I might be able to help you. AND please remember that, it might or might not apply to you and your well-being since we're all different and same in some way and hopefully by some cosmic chance, you're able to relate to this post. I'll base some of the points on my own experiences. So, here it goes.

------------------------------------------------------ 

1. Warm Wishes
In all honesty, for me, the little things DO matter. For instance, the seemingly SIMPLE but most THOUGHTFUL gestures like wishing me a 'Good morning' or 'Hope you have a nice day' text or call does make a difference. While you're at it, boy, throw in a stupid smiley face if you're texting. Smiley faces makes a WHOLE lotta difference too. I mean, hey.. Don't you want me to have a GOOD MORNING or at least a NICE DAY? Just know that, wishing someone, anyone- Your mother, father, friend, teacher, stranger, etc a GOOD DAY can sometimes leave a positive impact on your own entire day. No joke. It's also common courtesy to wish someone well in respond when they tell you to GO have a nice day. I think people lack that these days. Sad, sad.



Okay, so if a guy does this simple thing every single day, I'll soon believe that I'm in his thoughts because I'm that much RELEVANT to him to be able to occupy space in his head when his day starts. A girl/woman likes the idea of being thought about, okay? Don't worry. I'm sure if a girl 'likes' you and sort of feels you feel the same way through this mere common gestures, you WILL occupy SPACE in her thoughts as well. Really.

2. Outings in The Sun

I don't know about you but I actually appreciate it more if a guy asks me out on a breakfast or lunch date for the first few dates and not dinner. Why? Well, the thought of spending the day with someone in harsh broad daylight just makes me all warm inside. Lol. 



Okay, what I really mean is, it's lovely you know, when a guy wants to spend THE DAY with you, who is willing to wake up early on a weekend when he can be sleeping in just so that he has more time with you that day. Plus, it's nice to be able to see someone under the sun rather than under the epileptical, seizure-ing lights in a club. I think the willingness to show yourself to a person when it's bright out shows how honest of a person you are. It's like saying, 'Hey, this is me. I have nothing to hide from you.'. In turn, I'll step out into the sun for you and do the same.   

3. History
Or rather HIS story. Yea... I gradually fall for guys who tell me their stories. Yes. Their past, their present, their future. I don't know but there's something about those deep honest conversations and opening up to me enough to trust me with them. The more demons they have in their past, the more I want to feel connected. Oh-so-morbid. 
Well, honestly speaking, it doesn't apply to just guys, it applies to the whole human race. Yes. I think I'm much more attached to friends with a dark present and past. I think it's wonderful when a person exposes to me their hopes and dreams. Really. 

Oh, and the stories they tell can give me some idea of what kind of person they are. It's practically based on HIS story and HOW he tells them. (The downside of being an overly calculative and analyzing person). So, make me fall in love with your story and I'll eventually fall in love with you. 

4. Herstory
Okay, so I like a guy who shares his hopes and dreams and nightmares with me but I do not like a guy who constantly talks especially all the time about none other than himself and how the whole world revolves around him. That's just too much. I happen to love comfortable silence between two people too but that's besides the point. I don't know how some girls can put up with that kind of NARCISSISM. Really.  



I remember having those kind of conversations where it just went on for hours and the hours seem so short. I'm not a talker, you see. I'm more of a thinker, an observer and a listener. Talking isn't really my forte and having to make a conversation or be in one sometimes can be a chore. So, I find it pretty awesome when a person could engage me in a conversation and have me talking. Well, someone has done that and I have to say, I miss having those conversations with that particular person.

The dates I've gone on in the past have often left me disappointed. It's either the guy talks too much about himself or he doesn't talk at all. So, I'm left to do the conversation making and usually left with uninteresting responses. So, yea. Asking a girl about her day and making HER story feel just as SIGNIFICANT as your own is some kind of wonderful.  

5. Family Matters
Yes. Family. Whatever POSITIVE context you could find in FAMILY. A guy who is family oriented. Who talks about his family with such love and enthusiasm. Children loves him and he loves children. etc

Yea.. Well, besides that, a guy will definitely, for sure, no doubt about it WIN MY HEART if-- MY FAMILY actually likes him. I have a very hard time growing up and living with such a big family. THEY give me a hard time especially when I'm seeing someone or dating someone. They make it such a big deal even when it's not. Like, JEEEEEZ! It's not like I want to marry the guy or actually want to end up with him. I can take care of myself but no. They bug me about the guy and try to get as much information out of me just so they can do their bit of research. The things I have to go through. It's difficult. Just DIFFICULT. I think that's why I avoid dating all together. It's too much work for me. Joke. 



If that's not bad enough, you can't begin to imagine what kind of hell (I'm not sure if I should exaggerate or not) they will put the guy I'm dating through. Well, first of course he needs to have the balls to face them. From all of my past experiences up to now, my family won't give them an easy time and I can't save them from that. I can't. It's a norm here. My sisters have gone through it too with their significant others and it's safe to say (you should be relieved), that those worthy have MADE IT. Comforting thought, right? Well, think whatever you want. My family won't give anyone the time of day but-- IF he managed to work some out of this world magic and is accepted then, truthfully, you've just gained yourself an adopted family with big hearts. I no LIE. All in all, these guys just need to know how much my family matters to me and how my family's outlook on them makes an impact on the whole thing. Of course, if they think that it's not worth it, it's too much of a fuss, then it can't be helped. I sooooo get it. COMPLETELY! 



Be crazy enough to face the insane, and you might or might not gain something out of it. That's all I can say.  

-------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, so that is it. 5 WAYS. This was really HARD WORK. I had to sort of rake my brains. Sigh. Well, honestly, it's not EVERYTHING that I've given away. I actually like keeping some of these ways to myself. *snickers* ANYWAY, hope you are as amused reading this as I am while writing it. LOL. 

Until the next CHALLENGE.

LIVE to LOVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment