Saturday, June 6, 2015

In Between Hanging On & Letting Go

Alright! I'm back from the dead and I've decided to withdraw from the 30 Day Writing Challenge which is the only right thing to do anyway because I've failed it terribly! And so, here I am feeling completely lost because I have not done this in a long time. I should have written as often as I could but instead I keep putting it off until I'm this big unhappy blob with too much pent up feelings and is oh-so-confused! Why do I do this to myself?

Okay, enough with the drama.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are not some tragic love story,
or an untold romance.
We are those letters I never got to send,
the ones you never read.
We are not the separating haze between us called Difference.
We are the Human Gravitational Force Theory,
the only logic that explains all this.
We are not the haunting nightmares of our biggest fears, mistakes and regrets.
We are the hopeful daydreams of a better life that lies ahead.
We are not the sad ending to our so called story.
We were simply never the beginning of it.

'We' never happened. 

---------------------------------------

I wrote this a while back before heading off to bed late one night. It was one of those difficult nights that kept me up. I ended up putting it in a letter and sending it off to someone as a form of release for myself.

And yet I'm still here. In between Hanging On and Letting Go.

But I regret nothing.


No comments:

Post a Comment