Monday, January 13, 2014

Farewell, 2013.


The first few days of 2014 was too much of a daze. So much was going on at the end of year 2013 that the arrival of 2014 made such little impact. It was- Mehh..
Anyway, now that the feeling has sunk in, I'm feeling ecstatic for all my days to come in this new year! I'm feeling mighty positive for what's to come.

So let's give a proper goodbye to 2013, shall we?

Well, 2013 was such a bittersweet year. Just pure madness! I had my share of downfalls, dramas, disappointments and making bad choices. With that however, some hopes and dreams were able to come true, lessons were learned and an abundance of blessings came my way. That's how I choose to look at last year. Even with all the madness that has happened- Tested relationships, to wars waged at myself, to endless hating on etc, I think that I did pretty alright. I am still here today, aren't I? Pretty awesome surviving a hell of a year. Sigh. 

Well, actually. It wasn't 'that' bad. 



I've met some wonderful people last year and some not so wonderful people. I've a handful of true friends who still remain true to me and I've also lost some loved ones along the way. Well, it's definitely a year to remember. I'm grateful either way for the events and the people who play the roles they are meant to play and who become such a huge part of my life. They make such a difference just being present even momentarily. 

All in all, I'm just relieved I've made it through another insane year of falling and rising again. So, farewell 2013. I know for sure 2014 will be another bitch but there's no doubt that I won't be able to handle her. 

In the words of Jay-Z, "ON TO THE NEXT ONE".    

LIVE to LOVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment