Saturday, October 15, 2011

Made Simple With Love

My mum and I are going to visit some old folks tomorrow.
A granduncle of mine and his wife who I haven't seen in a while.

The granduncle that we're going to visit is my late grandfather's younger brother and we got news that he hasn't been well.

Since my mum and I are quite free nowadays, we thought that it was best if we took the time to see them. 
It's really, really, really been a while and I must really, really, really make it a point to visit some people during this term break.

Anyway, since we're going over to their place, I thought I might as well bake something and bring it over to them and what came to mind? 

Cupcakes.

Convenient, little, cute, individual cakes that's easy to bake and are always or if not most of the time, a great thing to give away. 

So, yea.

Mum picked out a nice simple recipe for me to do-- Moist Walnut Cupcakes.
Looks really good in the photo too.

I got to work right after dinner and doing the dishes.




I know.
The cupcake batter looks a bit off, doesn't it?
But I can assure you that it doesn't taste the way it looks.
I actually modified the recipe a bit.
The instructions specifically stated that the walnuts must be finely chopped.
I just shrugged and chopped them into chunky bits because I love chunky nuts.
Oh, and I was a little lazy to have to make them so fine.
Besides that, I also reduced the amount of sugar that's used in the mix since it will be consumed by the elderly.
Hehe.


Elisa helped to spoon the batter into the paper liners.


All filled and ready to go into the oven.


Before the cupcakes rise.


The cupcakes have started to rise.
Oh, if you noticed in the oven's reflection, I was wearing my favorite monster slippers.
Awesome, don't cha think?
Hehe.



While waiting for the cupcakes to bake, I took this photo of Midnight.
She's such a diva cat, you wouldn't believe.



Still had some more time to kill so I decided to help my niece Raychel cut out her paper dolls.
I was tempted to play with them for a very long time and finally!





Cupcakes are ready!!
I know.
They look like nothing in the photo.
That's because I didn't do the lemon icing.
The old folks might not like it so maybe some other day I'll try i out.




My mum, Elisa, Raychel and I had a few as our dessert since I made extra.
They tasted lovely!
Mum especially loved it.




No comments:

Post a Comment