Thursday, March 14, 2013

My Mixed Happy List


The problem, often not discovered until late in life, is that when you look for things like love, meaning, motivation, it implies they are sitting behind a tree or under a rock. The most successful people recognize, that in life they create their own love, they manufacture their own meaning, they generate their own motivation.

For me, I am driven by two main philosophies, know more today about the world than I knew yesterday. And along the way, lessen the suffering of others. You’d be surprised how far that gets you.
Neil deGrasse Tyson, during his Reddit AMA (March 01, 2012)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm supposed to be studying for a test right now but I think I can still manage with one post.

--------------


Below are the things which I should continue carrying out in order to keep a happy, positive and open mind. It's a fresh start.

1. Write.
Put all of my thoughts down on paper-- Everything and anything. Blog every chance I get because some things are just too hard to say.

2. Read.
Find time to pick up a book to read. Something philosophical and enlightening especially before going to bed. It helps open up a closed mind.

3. Pray.
Speak to God. Listen for serenity. Give thanks and praise. He's the reason life is beautiful.

4. Smile.
Even when tough times come knocking at my door, realizing the curving of the lips into a smile can make a whole lot of difference. It can remind me that things will be okay. If it's difficult to do, think happy thoughts.

5. Dance.
Start out mornings with stretches is enough. Go out once in a while and dance until my feet hurts and until it's not even possible to walk anymore. Best way to blow off steam.

6. Sing.
Songs have a way of expressing and releasing pent up emotions. Sing until my lungs give way even if it means I'll make it rain.

7. Caffeine ritual.
Kick start the mornings with a cup of strong black and I know I can take on the entire day. Recharge if needed.

8. Music.
Never go a day without listening to good music which lifts me up. Must never forget to turn up the radio to a song that can cheer me up when life gets hard.

9. Audrey Hepburn.
The perfect role-model.

10. Love.
Everyday, give and show TLC to the people I care about. Remind them that they are loved. I must also remind myself that love does not need any repayment. Love is unconditional and should be constantly given no matter what.





LIVE, LOVE, LAUGH.

No comments:

Post a Comment