Monday, November 7, 2011

A Letter To A Friend

The tragic news I received felt like a bullet straight through my chest. I refused to believe it at first but I went to get confirmation from your Facebook page. It was flooded with messages of sympathy and condolences. I guess I was numb at first. Then after that, I got text messages and phone calls. Didn't know how to react until I went through our photos together. I just broke down.

Why and how you left I don't really have much to comment about it. It's not my place since I have not the slightest idea about what really happened. There are nasty rumors spreading around like wildfire. I choose not to believe them even if it is true... You deserve so much better than that. I'll go on believing you left at God's will and you are in a better place now.

Right now, I'm disappointed in myself for not having made enough effort to keep in touch with you. I mean, for all those times we were together and the things we went through as friends, I should have at least spoken to you once in a while after we all went our separate ways. I should have at least told you how much you mean to me as a friend and though living our own separate lives, I should have said, "You were a very important part of my life during our foundation year and I'd like to thank you for that".

Up to this day, I still think you're one of the nicest guys I've ever met. You're not one of those guys who held too strongly onto their pride, not an egoist at all. You're always so humble and have so much respect for those around you especially those who are older. You were so much of a joker-- An annoying one so to speak. The good kind of annoying which never fails to make me laugh or smile. You were also so patient and kind not just to me but to everyone as well.

I remember the first time we met and spoke. We became fast friends. So very glad we did. Remember those Tekken moments? Though small of a fragment of memory it was, I'll always remember that. I think most of my foundation time in the second semester I spent is mostly around you since we were classmates and always groupmates for projects and assignments. Breakfast, lunch, dinner was also mostly with you and the rest of our dear friends. :)

I remember choosing you to be the villain for our drama. I knew I made the right choice. You were one hell of a great actor. You played your part with such dedication and full of passion. I was so proud of you and still am. You also made the drama in drama bearable because you stood by me all the time and was there to encourage me when I felt like I couldn't do it and go on.

Ameer? One of the most precious memories will forever be this small thing you did for me. I had to wait for my sister to come fetch me quite late at night on certain nights from the bus stop in SS2 after dinner. You and the rest of the guys will be there at the bus stop to accompany me until my sister arrives and there you, Akmal and Aaron will pull your antics to pass the time.  :)

So, for all of that, thank you so much.

You left us all too soon but you were called to go 'home' so I will just keep praying for you. Rest in peace, dear friend.







No comments:

Post a Comment