Saturday, September 6, 2014

Sorry. Not Sorry.

I haven't been blogging.

It's a little disappointing, but it's a comfort to know that while I didn't post up anything since forever, I did however, keep myself pretty occupied with other things. So, I guess I'm alright for taking a break from it. A bit of a relief actually. I was more inspired to carry out other things besides writing a blog that no one actually pays attention to anyway. I didn't want to post anything up that I didn't feel great about or think would mean anything at the end of the day. 

The new university semester is about to begin. 2 days and counting. Woohooo~ (Hear the enthusiasm!) Which means that I won't have the time to blog at all. LOL. Ah, well. I really do want to get back to blogging and if the heavens allow it, I shall throw in a post or two when I can during the new semester (Wait. Didn't I say the same thing during my previous semester? Hmm.. Typical Erica.) 


So, what exactly have I been up to during my semester break? 

1. I went camping with my dad and goddaughter/niece. 

Yes. Camping. Breathing, cooking, eating, swimming, sleeping in the great outdoors. And yes. I even did my business out in the jungle. I loved it, of course. Camping was one of the things I wanted to do with my dad during the break and finally after so long, we went out and did it. The last time I went was when I was just a kid so it really felt like I was reliving my childhood and I was ecstatic that my dad finally took the time to bring me. 






(Dad's accidental selfie with my phone. LOL!)


2. I have been cooking and baking a lot.

I allowed my inner chef to come out and create magic. Really. I experimented and even had guinea pigs to taste the damage I conjured up in the kitchen. (No guinea pig died in the making).






3. I partied- Just a little.

Like they say, "A little party never killed nobody." 






4. Spent quality time with family and friends.

University life tends to take up so much of my time and I barely get to spend quality time with loved ones once the semester starts. So, I make it a point to spend as much time as I can with them once I'm on a break. 







 5. Read. Read. Read.







6. Scribbled.





7. Made something for my cats.


I'm sure I did more stuff but I can't really recall them all. All in all, grateful that I managed to spend my break doing things that mattered a lot to me. Even though they aren't out of this world happenings or activities you find in a bucket list, at least they are things that I feel are important and I'm glad I did them.

With the break coming to a close, I shall welcome the new semester with open arms- And mind- And heart.

I'm ready for you, 4th semester!




LIVE LOVE LAUGH

No comments:

Post a Comment